Re[4]: brown goo on my wheel

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 09:35:08 EST

<<so the ooze is normal and i can't stop it? is that what your are telling
me?>>

Yup. Take a look under your truck to be sure it's the same setup as my '98 (I
know you have a 4x4 now but I don't know what year it is). The procedure to
grease them is to slowly pump grease in until a small amount begins to ooze out.
 If you do it regularly it doesn't take much at all (one maybe two pumps of the
grease gun). That's the way it is on my '98 anyway. Keep in mind there are
like 8 zirks on the '98s that should be greased regularly, so don't just do the
lower ball joints.

<<okay so grease the front end every 9600km's. no prob i can do that. i
guess i should just wipe up in behind the tires and forget about it.>>

Yup again... I wipe up as much ooze as I can after I lube 'em but it seems
to take forever to stop. Ultimately, I think it's impossible to get it all
so I just deal with cleaning the wheels up.
Tom