RE: stock torque specs for rocker arms

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:44:41 EST

George,
This apparently has to do with the hydralic lifters as opposed to solids.
The way the stock rockers are designed, the pedestals bolt down right
against the head. The rocker itself pivots on a fulcrum, but there is no
adjustment. Now the roller rockers need to be adjusted, but still not like
the old solid lifters were. I can only guess the variance is taken up by
the lifter. Maybe someone else has a little better insite on this.
Rich - Ashburn, VA