Re: license plates

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 16:08:17 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 NVMYDakota@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/12/00 9:20:41 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
> >
> > Its been discussed in the past, but IMHO, its more trouble
> > than its worth to make it an "official" club. We can still
> > get cool stuff though. :-) I've got ideas for a mess of cool
> > DML stuff; it just takes time to implement them. :-)
> >

> > -Jon-
> >

> Yeah but have you ever done it?
>
> I know the DML stickers, whats there other than that and the Tshits?

   Hey, I'm just one guy! (with a real job to pay the bills and a mess
of other projects to work on to boot...) :-) Currently, there are just
the stickers, but the calendars are being printed as we speak (write?).
Just a few of the other possibilities I have floating around my brain are
license plate frames, t-shirts, sweatshirts, embroidered polo shirts and
jackets, mouse pads, parking signs, etc... (I know, it sounds so
commercial, but *ALL* proceeds would go into the DML coffers to keep the
list running. If the interest is there for something, DMLers get
something cool to show their affiliation with this great community, and
the DML gets to pay its ISP bills for a few more days...)

   BTW, If anyone has an idea for a cool "DML thing" and the connections
to pull it off, you are welcome to set something up; either by yourself, or
we can work together. The only things I ask is that I must approve of it
if it has the DML name/logo/URL on it (I have to protect the DML and its
reputation) and that a portion of the proceeds go to the DML to help pay
for ISP hosting costs.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'