Re: Auxil. Air Tank

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:00:31 EST

Yes, I know about the V-twin AC compressor conversions, but
it sounded like he wanted to do easy and cheap. Kyle, if
you want to scour the junkyards for a compatable compressor
and fab up some mounting brackets (will be a huge pain to
find a place on our magnum engines to mount) this is a good
way to go.

--- Dave Scelfo <macncheesemonster@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On board air compressor- High CFM compressors are big
> bucks
> >so they're out. I know you wanted cheap, so the only
> other
> >option I can think of is to buy a cheap compressor and
> link
> >to the Sears style tanks as a storage tank.
>

> Nope. All you need is an oiler, an oil collector, some
> pressure switches
> and an a/c compressor. You can't buy a faster compressor
> that this setup.
> Trust me. You'll fill 33s in seconds.
>
> --
> Dave

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's