Re: DML Cards was: license plates

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 21:02:13 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, GS- wrote:

> Jon, I know this idea has been brought up before, but I went into
> a store the other day and when I came back out someone had parked their
> really nice looking Dak next to mine. I wanted to tell the guy about the
> DML, but was in a super hurry and I don't think he saw my sticker. It
> would
> be nice to have some DML cards to stick under the windshield. If
> anything
> it would help raise the memberships in pickup truck states like mine,
> where
> I see multitudes of nice Dakotas. Some type of introduction card would
> be
> great with one of the www.dakota-truck.net sticker logos printed on it.
>
> If I need to do a local thing let me know and please suggest what you
> want printed on the card.

   Yep, this has come up in the past, and some folks (like Preacher, for
example) have created their own using Avery business card sheets and their
own printer. I think a card like this is a good idea (would be great
for handing out at places like Carlisle and the Mopar Nats).

  I'm not quite sure how it would work out though... That is, unless it
turns out to be *really* cheap to print out business cards, I can't really
afford to just give them away, but on the other hand, it doesn't seem
right to charge DML members for them either. (i.e. "here, buy some
business cards so you can advertise the DML") Just doesn't sit right
with me. :-) If there actually is interest out there from folks who
would like something like this enough to pay for part of the cost, I
can certainly look into it. Perhaps I'll look into it anyway, and just
see what sort of prices I can come up with. If they're cheap enough,
perhaps I can afford to give them away and consider them an "advertising
expense" and just trust that some of the additional members they bring in
might make a donation or buy a calendar or a sticker someday and cover
the expense. Of course, even if they are cheap, I can't exactly afford
to give a mess of cards away to everybody or that'll add up real quick! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'