PLEASE READ Fw: Dodge Dakota Ball Joints

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 21:18:18 EST

All,
Below is an email I received from a Kyle Bowker who works for the NHTSA. He
is doing a fact finding mission into premature ball joint wear with the
hopes of finding someone who's joints have failed. I urge everyone who has a
97+ Dakota or Durango to email or call this guy ASAP. Let's get the ball
rolling into making DC get us some better front suspension components.

BTW, I located the mysterious rattle coming from my drivers side front end
when I'm on a trail. The pitman arm is worn out. This was the only joint
that was not replaced when I had the ball joints (upper and lower), tie rod
ends and idler arm replaced at 21K miles. Total miles to date. 33200.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC, Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker,
mostly rebuilt front suspension.