RE: RE: Where to put...

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 21:51:55 EST

> Greg, did you mount it behind the rear seat, or between the
> driver's seat and rear seat? Just curious, after my '86 Ferd 150 burnt to
> the sidewalk, I'd like to have one in the dak

Jon I have it mounted in the area between the flip-up bench seat and the
wall on the drivers side.

http://24.6.89.18/NEW_22_19A.jpg

The link above is actually a pic of the 5x7 speaker mounting but on the
bottom of the pic you see that cushion, well it is just below that and the
seat. I don't know how much space is there in 97+ Dak's but there is enough
room on the 95 for a small one( in the 10lb range). Mine is a refillable
class ABCD. It has been used numerous times (but never on my Dak...knock on
wood) and is good for small fires, but for a fully involved engine
compartment fire(flames rolling out of the grill and wheel wells) it is not,
you'll need a 1 1/2" booster line at that point, plus the truck is toast at
that point anyway.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ