RE: RE: Where to put...

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 21:39:29 EST

Not one bolt. The can is about 16" and 3" in diameter. Fits nice and snug.
The only time anyone notices it when they are sitting on the bench is if
they put their hand on it. I have the nozzle pointed down, and to the front
just in case the top blew or the seal. If the seal blows the "stuff" is
localized to the immediate floor, if the top blows it shoots back toward the
bed. Granted it is very unlikely to happen, but I've seen what O2 tanks do
when dropped and the end breaks off..not a fun event. especially when it is
in a unit bay and the walls are concrete...it kinda ricohets until it plants
itself... FYI the best to have in your truck would be an ABC Dry Chem(the D
is for Magnesium fires and VERY expensive)of the 10-20lb range. Also if your
truck does catch fire under the hood and you try to put it out pop the hood
and shove the nozzle into the bay and give a couple of squirts BEFORE
opening the hood(unless you don't like you face, and skin grafts are your
thing). If you happen to come across another car that is on fire and flames
are coming out of the grill and/or wheel wells STAY AWAY AND DO NOT PARK
DIRECTLY IN FRONT OR BEHIND THE INVOLVED VEHICLE. Newer autos have the
bumpers mounted to gas shocks and once heated they could launch the bumper
up to a 1/4mi away.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ