Re: Auxil. Air Tank

From: Michael Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 00:25:56 EST

At 05:57 PM 1/12/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>A fellow DMLer suggested an air compressor from an air ride suspension kit?
>Would these work? How about compressors for air horns? Might have to take a
>trip out the my local salvage yard this weekend......
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Look on the 'net for someone that makes an adapter bracket to mount a York
style A/C compressor to the Dodge engines. The York (found on '70's Ford
trucks and cars) is the common addition for portable air among
offroaders. I've seen setups where steel pipe bumpers are capped off and
converted to air tanks. It's a very popular mod for off road fanatics. I
have some websites of people who have documented the process of hooking one
up. When I find them I'll post them to the list. Hard part is finding a
company that makes a bracket to mount the thing on a Mopar engine. I've
seen them for Jeeps so their might be one for a Mopar engine.

Mike
'99 RC 4x2 V6 5spd Sport

mschwall@flash.net