Re:Warranty Work

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 11:04:17 EST

Sounds like a rip-off to me. If you want to give the TB a good clean you could
always take it off, otherwise some of the spray stuff should work OK.
Tom

Subject: DML: Warranty Work
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 1/13/00 10:22 AM

Hey, y'all check this out. (a redneck's last words) I dropped my truck off
at the local 5 star this morning so they could try to cure my ping problem.
Should have known this was going to be a bad day when they didn't want me to
give them the TSB for the re-route. Anyway they called a few minutes ago
and told me, my intake manifold gasket was leaking and they would repair
under warranty. They also recommended a TB cleaning ($13 for the kit and
$60 for labor) and an oil change (I just changed it Dec 30 maybe 500 miles
ago). Does this make any sense, or is my 5star trying to make some extra
cash off another jarhead. Can't I do the tb myself? Your input is greatly
appreciated.