Re: Why is everyone pinging?!? - no Mods ever Made

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 22:06:56 EST

My dealership (well, not MINE, but the one I use) had a truck
workshop which I attended, and I asked their head mechanic (30+ years
experience with Dodge) about the pinging. He said that they just
ping, and he can't do anything about it. It seems to be connected
with emissions requirements- it's the last few years that have this
problem. I told him that mine doesn't ping, and he said I was
lucky. Best advice? Trade it in on a 4.7- they don't ping.
Your dealership should have a device (they talked about this thing at
the workshop) that plugs into your computer, then when you experience
your problem you push a button, take it back in, and they can tell
exactly what was happening. I forget what it was called.
If it makes you feel any better, this is not the only make that has
been experiencing pinging.
Flip

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!