Re: Why is everyone pinging?!?   - no Mods ever Made

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 11:28:13 EST

fdedip@whale-mail.com wrote:

> My dealership (well, not MINE, but the one I use) had a truck
> workshop which I attended, and I asked their head mechanic (30+ years
> experience with Dodge) about the pinging. He said that they just
> ping, and he can't do anything about it.

> It seems to be connected
> with emissions requirements- it's the last few years that have this
> problem. <snip>
> Flip

Flip, I agree. I don't think the Dodge mech's can just
come out and say,"Hey people replace the stock 195 thermo
with a 180" due to emission laws. Unfortunately, this is
causing a lot of Dodge customers to dig for this information
and thats why we see so much *pinging* threads wherever we
go on the internet. At least I do. Just my .04 (inflation).

GS -