Re: RE: must install headers

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 23:52:00 EST

Don't get mad. A guy once quoted me 500 dollars to have an upgraded Y-pipe.
After yelling at him for his stupidity (you know how hard it is to use a
muffler bender machine?" "Yes, I've worked on one all summer in Louisianna,
it's just I don't have access to one right NOW, that's why I'm paying you to
do it."
"still, it's difficult"
"for people like you it is"

-Dester

<< I was thinking that the header install looked beyond me, so I decided
 to call an exhaust shop and see what they would charge to do it for
 me. $160 per side?! Guess I'll be gaining some skills....
 I thought the guy I talked to was kind of funny though, because the
 first thing he said was "why do you want headers?" Uhhh.... Is that
 a trick question? Then he asked if I'd done the exhaust (yep), K&N
 (yep), underdrive pulleys (nope). I decided to forestall him, by
 volunteering that I need to get a ported TB, but hadn't done it yet
 because I got a deal on the headers. He did say that he had a Dodge
 truck himself, so maybe he was just looking for ideas.
 Flip