Re: Why is everyone pinging?!?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 23:52:25 EST

Hmmm, my truck has NEVER pinged (now has 147,000 miles on it). I did have
the intake manifold gasket removed and replaced with some RTV back around
60k miles - the engine didn't ping before that, but I did notice it was
losing some oil (from the blowby) and it failed the pressure test. Whether
that bit of maintenance prevented future possibilities of pinging, I don't
know..... but the truck runs just great yet :)

Btw, I do run some injector cleaner thru it every 10k or so, just to keep
carbon deposits from building up in the combustion chamber (which would
increase effective compression ratio and lead to pinging).

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate