RE: RE: Rough Idle?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:15:37 EST

Pedro,
This is a bunch of HS! Running 93 octane is not going to cause you any
problem. The engines were "supposedly" designed to run on 87 octane. The
brochures and your owners booklet will tell you this. You can run any
higher pump grade of gas without and detrimental effect, you just won't
derive any added benefit from it. (Unless you have an existing pinging
problem.) You won't get any better gas mileage from it, so if you can run
87 octane, use it and save your money. Start a "Truck Fund" for future
modifications. :'B