Re: Re; Check engine light

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 19:47:40 EST

In a message dated 1/14/00 5:46:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rclutter@bellsouth.net writes:

> '96 models also have 2 O2 sensors.
>
> Kelly in SC
> '96 CC 5.2
>

> Ok, thats good to know, I noticed the code decoder mentioned two
> possibilities.
>
> So, where would the other one be?
>
> Thanks
> Rob Clutter
> Milton TN
> rclutter@bellsouth.net

Rob, they are before and aft of the cat as previously posted on the '97+
models. If at all possible take your sensors with you to the parts store to
make sure you are getting the right ones. I didn't at first and found out
that no aftermarket one was available for a '96 at the time. What mods have
you done to this point(if any)? What code are you getting? My book lists 51 &
52 for O2 lean and rich conditions. You also want to look into what is
causing that condition. Good luck.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2