Re; Check engine light, again!

From: Rob Clutter (rclutter@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 10:10:29 EST

Kelly;

The code is a 21, I checked the manual I have (its only a Haynes) and the
info on the DML website and it refers to more of an electrical or shorting
problem associated with the O2 senser ( or sensors).

Funny thing is yesterday when I got off work and went to drive home, the
light was off, and stayed off all the way home. Then when we went to run
somewhere last night it popped back on and was on again this morning, crazy.

Never had a vehichle with a check engine light anyway, figues my first one
would give me trouble.

I am going to try to inspect them this weekend, who knows it could just be
the wire or connection is bad.

Thanks again for all the help, this technology is all kinda new to me.

Rob Clutter
96 CC 5.2, 5 speed
Milton TN
rclutter@bellsouth.net

Rob, they are before and aft of the cat as previously posted on the '97+
models. If at all possible take your sensors with you to the parts store to
make sure you are getting the right ones. I didn't at first and found out
that no aftermarket one was available for a '96 at the time. What mods have
you done to this point(if any)? What code are you getting? My book lists 51
&
52 for O2 lean and rich conditions. You also want to look into what is
causing that condition. Good luck.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2