Re: Re; Check engine light, again!

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 10:58:12 EST

In a message dated 1/15/00 10:26:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rclutter@bellsouth.net writes:

> Kelly;
>
> The code is a 21, I checked the manual I have (its only a Haynes) and the
> info on the DML website and it refers to more of an electrical or shorting
> problem associated with the O2 senser ( or sensors).
>
> Funny thing is yesterday when I got off work and went to drive home, the
> light was off, and stayed off all the way home. Then when we went to run
> somewhere last night it popped back on and was on again this morning,
crazy.

> Never had a vehichle with a check engine light anyway, figues my first one
> would give me trouble.
>
> I am going to try to inspect them this weekend, who knows it could just be
> the wire or connection is bad.
>
> Thanks again for all the help, this technology is all kinda new to me.
>
> Rob Clutter
> 96 CC 5.2, 5 speed
> Milton TN
> rclutter@bellsouth.net
With an intermittant problem I would look towards wiring myself as well. One
thing you can do to help troubleshoot is buy the new ones and see if it acts
up. Its about time to change them anyway. If you still get the light atleast
you have narrowed the problem down. Alos look carefully at where the wires
meet the forward sensor. I changed mine because I put headers & a new cat at
the time on it but 2 wires were chaffed through right at the end of the
sensor.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2