RE: Decreasing Mileage

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:03:25 EST

What kind of CAT back setup??? You might have gone too big on the CAT back,
causing too little back pressure.

I've done this, and you'll notice you're truck will run great from 3000-4500
rpm (pulls like mad), but down low you've lost the real pulling power it use
to have. If this is the case, and you have the Mopar Performance headers,
I'd say switch out the muffler for a super turbo. I did this, and gained
back my mileage, plus the HP increase was around 10-15 hp (rear wheel). I
was able to get 219 hp total at the rear wheels with Doug T. headers, 3"
in/out CAT, and super turbo muffler. I was around 205 with the same setup
(except with Ultra FLO). The 3"in/out cat was my latest change, and it
didn't work well with the Ultra FLO & headers.

Hope this helps,

Sam '00 RT