Re: Decreasing Mileage

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:05:51 EST

The Catback System and Air Filter can not "break" the PCM or O2 sensors
unless there was a pre-existing problem that was overlooked. As for the
Headers, if the O2 sensors were damaged on the installation it is possible
that they might have contributed to the poor mileage. Did you reset the
computer initially after the modifications were installed? Also, were any
of the vacuum hoses accidentally pulled off during the modification installs?

You noted that you installed a USED PCM after the original died and that's
when the O2 sensors read as bad. Sounds like it might have been a bad,
used PCM.

- Bernd