Ping Report from one of my post last week.

From: S.Buccellato (s.buccellato@larc.nasa.gov)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 17:03:05 EST

Hey guys/gals here's what one owner of a Dodge Ram just had done to fix his
trucks ping problem (by the dealer who says this is the fix):

Had my 99 5.2 QC 4x4 in the shop all day yesterday for few things.
1). PING. They changed out the stock plugs with Bosch Platinum +4 plugs FP #
4418 and a solenoid FP# 4669475-AB. In speaking to the service rep, he told
me that the plugs are hotter not colder. He also told me that 87 is ok, but
89 may help the truck react better. On the way home I filled up with BP 89.
I did run it hard up a few hills that normally caused the ping and it was
silent. Too soon to tell for sure, but I will keep you all posted. If anyone
else has had this done, please let me know what your experience has been. I
am real curious as to mileage, performance etc.

Does this make sense? Anyone use these Bosch Platinum +4 plugs ?

SAL