Re: Quad Cab & 4.7l V8 Review

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 16:06:32 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Mike Crumley wrote:
>
> > At 08:24 PM 1/17/00 , you wrote:
> > >What does everyone think of the Quad Cab
> >
> > OK, Dood, you asked. Almost as ugly as the new VW Beetles (or the old ones,
> > for that matter). "Bed" is useless for much more than hauling groceries (or
> > a half dozen cinder blocks according to the Dodge commercials). It's not a
> > truck, it's an ugly car that they were too lazy to put a trunk lid on.
>
> Just curious; have you seen one in person yet? I know when I first
> saw the photos, I wasn't too hot on the idea, but the more I thought
> about it, the more it made sense as a vehicle, and then when I saw one
> in person, that clinched it. IMHO, its a great looking truck!
>
> But, you know what they say about opinions... ;-) I got a kick out
> of the TV commercial where they filled the cab with bark. "oops". :-)
>
> -Jon-

Yes, they are great looking trucks. I like the Durango, but I want
a truck and not an SUV. Looks like my next Dakota will be a Quad
Cab, but its gonna be a few years before I get one. Maybe the engine
and autos DC puts into them will be a little more tried and true by
then.
Hopefully DAIMLER's influence will be a positive thing to look forward
to.

GS -