Re[2]: New Dak!!!

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 17:56:35 EST

Regardless of wether you use your VIN or home phone at that step you still
need your VON number (Entering your phone or VIN just automatically pulls
up your info on the operators cumputer screen when they pick up the
phone).
The VON number is the order number on the top of the invoice the dealer
gets
back when they put in your order (about a week or so after the order is
placed).
The VON number is issued WAY before a VIN number is issued. Your truck
won't
even have a VIN number until it's in D-1 Status (all parts available and
scheduled
to be built.) In order to track it before that point you need that VON#.
I found
that from calling DC I had my VIN number about 2 weeks before the dealer
did.

>I too ordered a new Dak on Saturday. (IB CC RT, everything) All I did
>was
>give him a deposit. I'm not sure if he has my phone number, or which one
>he
>will use (I have way too many). The DML directions on checking order
>status
>state that you use your phone number until you get your vin#. Is there
>another way to get your vin? Also, how long does it usually take for the
>dealer to get the order number. Directions say not right away, but I'm
>sure
>some of you do :)

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"