Re[2]: LSD Rear ends (again)

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:18:49 EST

Sounds great Dave! I'm confused about one thing though... How do you (not)
engage the LSD???
Tom

Subject: Re: DML: LSD Rear ends (again)
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 1/19/00 3:10 PM

I just got my truck back from having 3.92 gears and a LSD installed. I
chose a Trac Loc, since most of my driving is on road. As I understand, the
Auburn units are really nice, but they are a more aggressive LSD. The Trac
Loc units are still a nice LSD, but are a lot less aggressive. For the
price difference (300 Auburn, 145 Trac Loc), I went with the Trac Loc.
Unfortunately, I have to do 500 miles of break in before I'm allowed to
engage the LSD. Damn, and we are supposed to get snow tonight.

As far as the 9.25 questions... I know that for the 8.25, they went from 27
splines on the axel to 29 in 98. Be careful where you buy at. I got
everything from West Coast Differentials, 3.92 ring and pinion, Trac Loc
LSD, and install kit for 470 with shipping. That's about half as much as DC
wanted to charge me. Installation was 200 plus fluids. I haven't been able
to really "drive" yet, but I can tell the truck is a totally different
animal.

Dave