RE: 00/4.7 ticking noise

From: Thomas Strawderman (t_strawderman@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:02:38 EST

I dropped my truck off this morning at the dealer (5 Star) and they just
called me with the reason for the ticking noise they heard. He said a
couple of bolts where lose on the exhaust manifold, they pulled them out,
lock tited them and reinstalled to specs, no more ticking noise. He also
reprogramed my tranny to solve some harsh shifting from 2nd to 3rd (harsh is
a nice word for what I would call it), but there was a TSB on that issue. I
havent picked it up yet so I will verify the ticking is gone and post later
tonight.