00/4.7 ticking noise

From: Thomas Strawderman (t_strawderman@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 22:01:32 EST

I have a slight ticking noise that I can hear inside the cab, I thought it
may be the blower motor but that was quickly eliminated. It seems to change
pitch and frequency as the engine is RPM changes so I am assuming it is in
the engine. I have 3500 miles on the truck and I just can’t believe that
the valves would be out of whack already. Could something in the auto
tranny cause this noise? Any other ideas on what this may be? Anybody else
notice this? 00/4.7/Auto. Thanks Tom