Check Engine Light on 5.2 V8 & Auto tranny

From: Joe E Thomson (dodgedakotaquadcab@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 21:50:37 EST

        My dad was driving down the freeway, going about 75, in his 1996 Ram Van
with the 5.2 V8 and the auto tranny. The check engine light came on, and
he was low on gas. He coasted for about a minute or two, but upon
realizing there was still gas, he accelerated. At about 35mph, he could
here the engine laboring a lot harder than usual, on level road. It
sounded as if he was going uphill towing a 5,000lb. trailer, floored.
What are some of the possible things that could have gone wrong? Thank
you for trying to help me with this matter.

Joe Thomson
DodgeDakotaQuadCab@juno.com
AIM: E613 A613
ICQ #30864971
Wants a 2001 4.7L V8 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport+ Loaded Dakota

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.