Re: Re: 2K Chevy encounter

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 22:50:09 EST

In a message dated 01/19/2000 9:10:48 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Hemipower@aol.com
writes:

<< You just can't stuff a big motor in and think your done. You must also
 set up your chassis to compensate. One thing to look at is weight transfer,
 One of the easier ways is setting the motor back an extra inch or two
 and relocating the rear end. Decrease your unsprung weight and increase
 your sprung weight over the rear end. It is also beneficial to determine your
 *true* cg and go from there. Like I say man,it aint rocket science.

I know that you know that but most people do what? They install a big
powerful motor and mabey do the tranny. they forget the suspension will need
to be sitffened ( heavier duty springs, better shocks yadda yadda.) like i
said its not that easy. ive seen jobs where i wouldnt drive the vehicle if
you paid me to and ive seen jobs that looked factory. Some people do think
about all the aspects of a motor swap. others try to get by with as little
as possible. Anyway you look at it it may not be exackly rocket science but
it sure as heck isnt as easy as you seem to be making it out to be
Rob