Re: Re: Quad Cab & 4.7l V8 Review

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 14:08:25 EST

At 03:50 PM 1/19/00 , you wrote:
>At 5'3", the bed is only 14" shorter than our
>Daks. (excepting you folks with the long bed, which they don't make
>anymore) That doesn't really limit your cargo capacity too much.
>Especially if you put the tailgate down and use the cheater thingy.

Hard to believe by just looking that there is only that much difference in
bed length. On the other hand, it just depends on what kind of hauling you
do. I've hauled many a load in mine where that 14 inches would have made
the difference between being able to haul or not. And as for that bed
extender thing...it may be fine for some but wouldn't do for me in most
cases. Another thing to consider is that the wheel wells extend almost the
entire length of the bed, so while the length may only be 14" shorter, the
volume is a lot less. That may be OK for you but not for me. And it's still
ugly :-)

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build
bridges even when there are no rivers."--Nikita Khruschev