Re: Pinging coverup?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 19:20:38 EST

At 06:10 PM 1/20/00 EST, you wrote:
> My 99 has never pinged and I'm sure my chambers are the same as everyone
>elses... Ted O.

Nor does mine, Ted. But we know that not all engines run
the same. Example, some R/Ts, in stock form, run faster than
others. It is interesting that my Dak's computer is set
up to meet CA emission standards rather than Fed standards
... timing retarded more than in Fed computer (?).

I had also read (can't find it now) in a magazine that the
intake manifold is flawed when casted ... something about
small hole remains when formed. A rubber plug is put in and
deteriorates. I've been looking for it because I can't
remember if it was referring the the pre-mags and magnums.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.