Re: Pinging and Pondering

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 12:10:42 EST

Interesting observation Bernd.
If there was spark leakage though the core of the spark plug
all the way to the heat shield then that would mean the
ceramic insulator was either defective or slightly cracked
near the base of the spark plug.

Given the fact that Hercules put the plugs in at the factory using
a 20ft long torque bar that just may be possible. Too bad I tossed
my stock plugs, would like to inspect them. However I do remember
breaking every single one of those crappy things taking'em out.

However, I seem to recall a bunch of pinger's out there replacing
plugs to no avail. ????

The mystery continues...
ja