Re: metal grinding sound

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 20:54:44 EST

Oh... this makes me think of something. At valvoline, the guys told me that
the reason ATF+3 was needed in our trucks is because the metals used in our
transmissions aren't as good as fords or chevies, so we need MORE
protection...
Does that sound about right?
-Dester

<< My 94 4x4 v6 5spd. seems to make a deep grinding sound comming from the
 tranny area. At first i thought it may be a worn main or possibly rod
bearing
 but it appears to be coming from the tranny, it only seems to do it in 3rd &
 5th. Its worst at 2000 rpm in 3rd and i can feel the vibes in the shifter
 real sharp, anybody have any info/ thoughts -thanks