Re: Firestik vs. Radio Shack

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 12:20:38 EST

At 09:52 AM 1/21/00 , you wrote:
>I'm looking to install my CB in my Dak soon and I want to run dual
>antennae's behind the cab.

Unless you're going for that "cool dual antenna look" you can cut your
expenses in half (or more) and just use one antenna. In order for a dual
antenna setup to be any advantage the antennas need to be separated by at
least one wavelength of the broadcast frequency. I don't remember the exact
figure, but for CB this is over 6 feet. So unless you're putting one on the
front of the hood and one on the tailgate (actually the ideal setup but
ugly as sin) there's no reason other than looks to go dual. As for Radio
Shack, I'll give you the same advice I got when I first got into CB...They
make real good wire. :-)

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

When we talk to God it's called prayer.
When God talks back it's called schizophrenia.