Re: truck doesn't stay started when cold HELP!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 19:18:18 EST

This is kind of eerie... Just about the same thing just started happening to
my '98 318 4x4 auto. It has never quit just after start in the cold but I had
it stop twice in the last two days when pulling into a parking space. I can't
even call it a stall 'cause it's like somebody turned the key off --it just
goes from running to nothing just like the powers been cut. It seems like it
can't figure out what the proper idle should be when doing low speed maneuvers
in the cold so it just shuts down?!

I'm gonna start simple by blowing out the IAC or IAS or whatever you want to
call it with some Gummout as has been suggested. The strange thing is that it
doesn't happen all the time so I can't define the conditions to re-create it
reliably except that it has to be cold out (I.E. this has never happened in the
summer).
Tom