Re: Re: RE: Bad Gasmilage... (new)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 20:08:47 EST

>>Sitting still the gage moves us a little, but as soon as i start moving
again, she drops back down... Could it be a bad t-stat or just too
cold?<<

you know, premags have this neat thing where there is a pipe-looking
thing that is connected to the exhaust manifold. That pipe thingy is
connected to the factory air hat and there is a flap at the topo of it
that opens when a temperature sensor tells it to. If the incoming air
temperature doesn't please the sensor, it opens the flap and draws hot
air off the exhaust manifold. Why am I saying all this? well, it being 20
degrees out, and Tim has a home-made cold air intake system, maybe you
should plug it up or something so that the engine sucks in warmer engine
bay air so it'll heat up to operating temp and it may just solve your Gas
Mileage problem.... try and find a way to keep this cold, dry air out of
your engine bay untill it wams up...
or maybe your stat is stuck half open.. happened to me once... got
terrible mileage...

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
miggitymike@juno.com