RE: '98 Dakota Tuff Country installation article

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 23:56:12 EST

>Just one question (Nothing against Tuff Country):
>
>Why are they using blocks (what I see in the picture) instead of what most
>reputable shops/manufacturers would offer: Leaf Spring Replacements?
>
>(You risk breaking lift blocks but not springs.)
>

>- Bernd

5.5" from a spring alone? Yikes! Thats hardly a spring anymore! Don't think
I like the idea of either. If it were my truck I'd go with a thicker (1"?)
lifted spring pack(3"), and a longer shackle (2"). That seems like a much
nicer, safer 5" lift. But what the heck do I know, thats just my opinion.

--
Dave