RE: Ping Report

From: Michael J. Satterfield (mikeys01@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 11:13:18 EST

I have a 97 Dakota SLT+ CC with 5.2L V-8, 4 spd. automatic transmission.
I've made the following mods to the truck that might affect the pinging:
180 degree thermostat, Chyrsler headers, 9" K&N airfilter (similar to FABM),
custom bent Flowmaster catback dual exhaust, and 4.10 LSD.

I've always used 87 octane gas and the truck has never pinged. It never
pinged before or after any of the modifications I've made to the truck. The
truck was delivered to me in late May 1997. One thing I remember is this
truck was delivered late due to a strike at the engine plant. However, so
far, the engine in my truck has been real sweet and runs very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Mike Satterfield