parking brake is not on the front wheels

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 11:16:04 EST

Joe,

A Dodge van does not have the parking brake on the front axle. The cables
attach to the rear drums. For the 13+ years I did repos/trespass towing, I
always grabed rear wheel drive vehicles from the rear so I didn't have to
check for the ebrake or pull tranny pins or drive shafts. Almost all rear
and front wheel drive vehicles have the parking/EBrake on the rear. The
only vehicles I have encountered with the parking brake on the front are
Subarus which made them easy to grab because are also front wheel drive.
Even the four wheel drive models are front wheel drive when in 2Hi and the
rears turn freely. AWD vehicles can't be put into 2hi and had to be dollied
or flatbedded.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM