Re: Rice Viper

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 11:44:41 EST

You've got two extra cylinders in the firing order on a V10. So given the
same RPM as a V8, your getting two extra exhaust pulses so matter what
RPM. Now those two extra exhaust pulses will change the sound. Another
factor is the cam difference. I don't know the cam specs on the V10, but
I'm, sure it has a higher lift than the V8, and longer duration and a real
wide lobe separation to keep the emissions equipment happy.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net