RE: '98 Dakota Tuff Country installation article

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 13:22:29 EST

6" Lift with blocks....that's scary. I've seen several kits that use
modified shackles and springs rather than blocks for safety. The new
Fabtech Kit for my buddies '99 RAM 1500 Quad-Cab 4x4 uses shackles and
springs for the rear. When we talked to them, they basically stated the
same thing: "The use of blocks is mainly for people who are on a budget and
want it to LOOK good. If you want it to function properly offroad, use the
spring kit". (BTW: The kit runs close to $3000 with all the trimmings
(dual shocks up front for better rebound control).

- Bernd