Re: Rice Viper

From: Robert Howe (robsdak@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 13:06:59 EST

Exhaust note can seriously be changed if they want it to. Mufflers and pipes
have ALOT to do with the sound. Even with the bigger displacement more
cylendars engine. It just takes a strange resonation. Some of my closest
friends are quite ricey... trust me... ANYTHING is possible with resonance
mismatching.

But honestly... Ricey may just be the low RPM's it was running at the
moment. THat Viper gets on load and at high RPM range... I'll bet it sounds
a TON better than it does just merely on the freeway or cruising through
town.

I was present at a Viper Club meet at Sears Point back in May... and
cruising through the pits, these cars sounded much like some rice-boy
exhaust kits... but pushing through the turns, and full throttle
straights... They sounded like what they are... a kick -a$$ race car.

-Robert Howe
1995 V6 4x4