Cleaning the IAC/Truck Dies in the Cold

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 16:53:51 EST

For anyone that's done this, a few dumb questions if you don't mind...

1.) Just want to confirm the IAC is attached to the back of the TB and the TPS
is attached to the side, right?
2.) Do I need to remove it to clean it or just spray some Gummout down the
idle air "valley" on the TB base?

I'm trying to cure the dying condition my 5.2L '98 has just developed in the
cold... I'm not convinced this is the problem as the TB and bores are
absolutely spotless to the naked eye but I'd thought I'd give it a try anyway.

Thinking ahead that this may be more of a bad battery or TSB problem that was
posted before, do any of you Canadian's or state's folks in cold climates find
your trucks hard to crank when it's sat overnight in the cold??? My truck will
fire up and run on the first crank but it cranks really, really slow...

TIA!
Tom