31" tires on stock '95?

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 22:44:32 EST

Has anyone out there tried running 31" tires on a stock height '95 (or
other pre-'97) 4x4 Dak? Do they work for off-roading when you get some
real articulation?

Reason I'm asking is that I intend to get a set of 31x9.50 (yes, nine
and a half, not ten and a half like most 31s) Swamper TSL Radials to use
as a dedicated off-road set for both the '95 and '98. I'm pretty set on
these, since the '98 already has 31" tires on it, and with the club cab
wheel base, the last thing it needs is to have shorter tires mounted on
it for off-roading. I'm trying to figure out if these tires will work
okay on the '95 at stock height or if I should order a 2" body lift at
the same time. In case it makes a difference, the rims I'll be using
are 15x6 OEM take-offs from a '92 or '93 Dak.

I know the original info sheet
(http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/infosheet.html) says
they fit, but he doesn't say if that's just for street use or if they
work on the trail as well. Yes, that's where I got the idea for the
Swampers, thanks Jon for putting that page up there so I can spend money
on tires :-).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jason