Re[2]: torque converters....

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 23:08:30 EST

>--different Mike butting in for a moment so don't get confused--
>
>I looked at my dyno sheets and my torque is peaking right about
>3700rpm. 3700 - 500 = 3200 stall? That sounds kinda high doesn't it?
> I would have thought I needed around a 2600 - 2800 stall.... Is the
> 500rpm formula mainly for serious bracket cars or will that work for
> daily drivers that need to retain fairly good driveability?
>
>--Mike C. www.mikesdakota.com

That is for a race setup. Forgot to add that in. For street, it's pretty
much a guess, find out what the stock stall is and what the peak torque RPM
is then pick an RPM. If you order through a company that deals with only
converters for all applications, ask them for their suggestion. I'm sure
they have their own formulas that will get you want you want for a street
application.

Mike Schwall

mschwall@flash.net