Re[2]: torque converters....

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 21:00:43 EST

> use the torque curve when ordering your converter. You want a converter
> with a stall of around 500 RPMs below peak torque RPM.

--different Mike butting in for a moment so don't get confused--

I looked at my dyno sheets and my torque is peaking right about
3700rpm. 3700 - 500 = 3200 stall? That sounds kinda high doesn't it?
 I would have thought I needed around a 2600 - 2800 stall.... Is the
 500rpm formula mainly for serious bracket cars or will that work for
 daily drivers that need to retain fairly good driveability?

--Mike C. www.mikesdakota.com