RE: 97 Dakota Club Cab SLT

From: CrescentResearch@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 23:08:22 EST

Ken,

    My buddy built a console for his dak to put his EQ in, it looks great.
What he did was he took a huge block of modelling clay, and shaped it into a
console using the underside of the dash as a guide, so that the clay block
was in the same place and in the same shape as he wanted the console to be.
Then he took the clay out, and covered it in fiberglas. Then when it dried,
he took the clay out of the fiberglas, and lined the inside of the fiberglas
mold with more fiberglas. When he took the fiberglas out of the mold, it was
a perfect replica of the clay model. Then he sanded it, cut out the hole for
the EQ, and left tabs of fiberglas on it for mounts. The nhe screwed it onto
the underside of the dash and he had a perfect console for his EQ. Hope that
helps for some ideas. Welcome to the DML. I've got a 99 dak now, i used to
have a 97. letme know if there's anything else I can help you with. -Mike