Re: Ping Report - Updated

From: POOLREBEL@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 11:24:14 EST

OK here is my update on the ping problem!
I've been to the dealer a few times with this now. 1st. time they flashed the
PCM and it didn't work. 2nd. time they rerouted the wires and flashed the PCM
again. 3rd. time they retarded the timeing and the pinging got worse. Just
went again for the 4th. time last week and they reset the timeing, put in a
colder plug and changed the bushing on the distributer that goes into the oil
pump. Pinging got alot beter but it isn't gone yet. I asked the dealer about
it again today and was told they have done everything they could untill DC
comes out with something else to try.

Bernd,
I think you have my info listed on the report But am not sure.
I posted it to the list earl on and don't know if you got it or not. Just in
case here it is again.

99 Sport Club Cab, 5.2L, Auto, Pa, and still pinging

Jay Griggs

PS if you want the info posted on the web page I'll be happy to do it, I just
need the address again.

In a message dated 01/24/2000 12:50:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,