Re: intake manifold

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 17:09:52 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jason&Sarah wrote:

> Does anyone know if I could get a M1 single plan intake manifold for a 98
> dak 5.2L? If so where, price and part number.

  Koller Dodge (http://www.kollerdodge.com) is probably about the cheapest
place you'll find it. West Oaks Dodge is usually right in the same ballpark.
(http://www.westoaks.com) Expect to pay about $220. I believe the part number
is P5249816.

  Keep in mind that this will only get you the manifold, TB adaptor, and
intake to head gaskets. You will also need, at the very least, a new t-stat
housing and an intake manifold gasket kit (available from a parts
counter). Additionally, if you want to install it on a street vehicle
(especially with A/C), there are some other things you'll need to either
buy or fabricate.

   As everyone no doubt knows by now, I'm working on a kit which will
provide beter installation instructions as well as the extra fabricated
pieces that you can't buy at a parts store. It got sidetracked by
stickers and calendars; I'm currently working on the install instructions
but I hope to make it available soon. (There are more differences between
model years than I had originally anticipated.)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'