Re: Computer Flash

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 07:36:36 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:13:59 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Did you have to get the dealer to flash the VIN in it?
>
>Jason
>
>> I just put in the MP Computer in a week ago, man what a difference!
>>
>> David Wilson
>> !998 Black Dakota R/T CC
>> 14.46 at 93mph

  Hi All,

  This brings up some interesting points - MOPAR used to give a $100
credit upon return of the old ECM. Would this still apply? It seems
like having the new ECM flashed (necessary) would render the old ECM
useless (at least to the individual). If one did keep the old ECM,
couldn't it be swapped into the vehicle later (say, 5 years later, with
the original ECM mileage numbers intact), thus giving one 5 years of
driving without adding anything to the odometer? Then again, if it's a
flash program, then why physically change ECMs at all? Wouldn't a flash
program on the new ECM work the same as flashing the original ECM?
After all, the "flash" IS just software... Just some things to ponder
over...

        Russ Selkirk

--
'98 Amethyst Dakota RC R/T    '96 Black Impala SS
'87 Buick Grand National      '85 Silver Monte SS

- Port Neches,Texas ================================================= NOTE: Anti-Spam Address! Please reply to: RAS002@worldnet.att.net =================================================