Re:RE: Really Fast Lightning

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 13:26:41 EST

> I tell you I'm not impressed with the Lightning. The main reason is the price. At 31,000+ we could take any R/T, put on a supercharger, Hotchkiss suspension , still have money left over, and walk all over anything that moved!
>
> Geez, I only paid $16,000 for my 96 V8 Sport. Guess what an extra 15 grand could do for performance on it! Nothing would come close!
>
> If Ford wants to impress me with the Lightning, sell it for $21,000 like the R/T. That would change my tune!

I agree! Not to long ago a fellow DML'er Eric Kurtz put a used
360 in his'95 5 speed Dakota from a '93 Dodge B van. I know he
put at least 2 brand new Lightings in their place by beating
them soundly. The only ENGINE mods that stick in my mind was
the intake manifold and TB was ported, headers??. Comparing
the cost of *his mods* to the cost of the lighting would be a
major insult to any NEW thunderchicken owner.

GS -